CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH EL MUSEO!
We host parties in El Café, our event space with fun activities, family-friendly educational tours of our exhibitions and more.
Treat your child and their friends with a day of arte and cultura!
Proceeds from El Museo del Barrio Birthday Parties help support our museum programs, which provide access to the arts for all.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A private Party Room in El Museo’s El Café, our on-site multi-purpose space (up to 30 guests) for the D.I.Y. (Do-It-Youself) Package, the Classic or Deluxe Packages.
- A family-friendly guided gallery tour of our on view exhibitions hosted by an El Museo educator.
- Opportunity to host an art-making activity and storytelling session curated by El Museo’s artist educators and inspired by our mission to present and preserve Latinx and Latin American art and culture.
A staff member present to help support and facilitate the experience.
- Free Admission pass for your entire party to Las Galerías (Galleries) to come back at a later date.
BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGES
DO-IT-YOURSELF PARTY | $350 (2 hours)
Our multi-purpose space, El Café, is available for your celebration! Plan and throw your own party just how you want it.
*Package includes 120 -minute access to our multi-purpose space El Café. Allotted time includes 30-min for set-up and 20-min for breakdown
DELUXE PARTY | $500 (3 hours)
Family and friends can enjoy your special day with El Museo del Barrio! Select one activity; storytelling or an art-making workshop.
* Package includes 180-minute access to multi-purpose space, El Café. Allotted time includes 30-min for set-up and 30-min for breakdown.
SÚPER CUMPLE | $650 (3.5 hours)
Celebrate your birthday with a private tour of Las Galerías and a mini art- making workshop + storytelling session!
* Package includes 210 -minute access to multi-purpose space, El Café. Allotted time includes 30-min for set-up and 30-min for breakdown. One chaperone will be required for every 5 children to enter the gallery tour.
ART-MAKING AND STORYTELLING ACTIVITIES
CARNAVAL STORYTELLING AND MASK-MAKING
Celebrate your birthday ‘carnval’ style at El Museo del Barrio! A popular and colorful tradition in the Caribbean and Latin America, participants wear colorful masks and dress up as colorful characters. Create your own and join the fun.
TITO PUENTE STORYTELLING AND MARACAS MAKING
Experience the rhythm and sounds of El Barrio with our storytelling and art-making session featuring the Mambo King Tito Puente! Create your very own ‘maraca’ and join us on this musical journey.
Create your own beautiful print to take home (or gift to the birthday girl or boy)! Inspired by our Permanent Collection of more than 8,000 works, join us for an interactive facilitated workshop.
RESERVATION INFO & FAQ
- El Museo del Barrio Members receive a discount on birthday party rentals.
- Available Days: Wednesday to Saturday 11am – 6pm and Sunday 12pm – 5pm
- Up to 30 guests permitted (adults and children). $10.00 per additional guest.
- Additional charge of $100 will be applied for each 30 minutes beyond the allotted time.
- A deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve the date and time.
- Outside food, drink, and decorations are allowed. *alcoholic drinks may be purchased from Side Park Café
- Need a special accommodation? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Any additional fees incurred the day of the party (extra guests, adding additional time to the party room rental) will be charged to the credit card on file after the conclusion of the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not a member? Become a member today, and enjoy the discount. For your next Birthday Party https://www.elmuseo.org/membership/
What does a Birthday Party schedule look like?
Please find a sample schedule for our standard 120 Minute Birthday Package. The schedule for your party may change due to artist availability, guest arrival times, etc. Artmaking and Storytelling activities must conclude no less than 30 minutes before the scheduled end time of the event.
Regardless of late guest arrival, Storytelling and/or Artmaking activities must begin within 30 minutes of the scheduled start time of the birthday party event.
1:30 PM: Client set up
2:00 PM: Guests arrive and check in at the Museum front desk
2:15 PM: guided tour of the gallery
2:45 PM: Storytelling activity begins
3:15 PM: Birthday Party Continues (cake cutting, food, etc.)
4:00 PM: Client cleans up, All parties must end by their allotted time or may incur additional charges.
Can I bring food/drinks?
Yes, you may bring/order food to the Museum that is pre-cooked or pre-heated. All food must remain in the birthday party area at all times. Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted to bring.
Can I bring decorations?
Yes, you are encouraged to bring tablecloths and decorations with minimal mounting required are permitted. Helium balloons are not allowed in the Studio Labs/museum space, but are permitted in the 9th floor private room space.
Can I play music?
Yes! You are welcome to connect your iPhone/iPad into our Bluetooth capable speaker and play your favorite birthday playlist. We recommend downloading the playlist to your device ahead of time instead of relying on an internet connection to Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, etc.
Will the Museum provide tables and chairs?
Yes! We provide (2) 6 foot tables for food/drinks/gift bag set-up, and (4) children tables with small chairs. Seating for adults is also set-up by the Museum. Tablecloths are not included. We do not provide candles, serving platters, matches, tablecloths, napkins, plates, cups, cutlery and table decorations.
Will Museum Staff be available during the Party?
The birthday party will be assigned a Museum staff member to provide minimal support with set-up and breakdown. “Minimal support with set-up and breakdown” is defined as: helping you unload/load items to and from your car before/after your party, laying tablecloths, hanging decorations, welcoming guests into the room, occasional time checks and check-ins with the party host, ensuring activities proceed on time, helping with birthday cake or food as requested, stacking chairs and stools, breaking down tables