ABOUT YOUTH COUNCIL
El Museo’s Youth Council is a free program for NYC youth ages 16 to 20 who are interested in learning about the arts and working directly with artists on programming. In weekly meetings, you will collaborate with other council members, artists and museum staff to curate a project space and produce an original program for your peers.
What will you do?
- Expand peer and professional networks
- Work with artists and museum professionals in workshops
- Be empowered to become a leader in your community
- Join a community of youth within El Museo and East Harlem
- Contribute to El Blog, the Youth Council’s blog
When does Youth Council take place?
Meetings are held at El Museo del Barrio on Wednesdays, 4:30pm—6:30pm, in the fall from October through mid-December and in the spring, February through May. During the summer Youth Council will meet once a month for day-long retreats.
Who is eligible for to participate in Youth Council?
Youth ages 16 to 20 who are excited about collaborating with other young people, artists, and arts professionals in a creative setting.