ABOUT EL MUSEO TEENS
El Museo’s Teen program is free for NYC youth ages 16 to 20 who are interested in learning about the arts and working directly with artists on programming. In weekly meetings, you will collaborate with other council members, artists and museum staff to curate a project space and produce an original program for your peers.
What will you do?
- Expand peer and professional networks
- Work with artists and museum professionals in workshops
- Be empowered to become a leader in your community
- Join a community of youth within El Museo and East Harlem
- Contribute to El Museo’s Teen blog
When do El Museo Teens meet?
Meetings are held at El Museo del Barrio on Wednesdays, 4:30pm—6:30pm, in the fall from October through mid-December and in the spring, February through May. During the summer Youth Council will meet once a month for day-long retreats.
Who is eligible to become an El Museo Teen?
Youth ages 16 to 20 who are excited about collaborating with other young people, artists, and arts professionals in a creative setting.