Title: MANAGER OF FACILITY OPERATIONS & SECURITY
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full time, Exempt
ABOUT EL MUSEO DEL BARRIO
El Museo del Barrio, New York's leading Latino cultural institution, welcomes visitors of all backgrounds to discover the artistic and cultural landscape of the Caribbean and Latin America. The richness of Latino cultures is represented in El Museo's wide-ranging collections and exhibitions, complemented by performing arts events, cultural celebrations, and educational programs. A dynamic artistic, cultural, and community gathering place, El Museo is a center of cultural pride on New York's Museum Mile.
The Manager of Facility Operations & Security is responsible for assisting the Capital Projects and Operations Director in the management of all operations facet.
• Assist in coordination of all Operations projects with Operations Director.
• Work closely with Operations Administrative Staff to organize and optimize the Work Employment Program personnel staff. Train, assign, supervise and coordinate Work Employment Program when necessary.
• Provide leadership for the centralization of an efficient maintenance and security department.
• Work with outside consultants, construction crew and other professionals as necessary and appropriate for operations management.
• Work closely with Security staff in the development of appropriate emergency security procedures and disaster recovery contingencies.
• Work closely with the Coordinator of programs and special events in set-ups of: evening and weekend lectures, performances, workshops, demonstrations, etc.
• Work closely with Director of operations in the ongoing capital improvement projects. This includes defining capital request and gathering Operations Department supporting materials.
• Assist with maintaining and implementing fire systems plan which contain: fire extinguisher location and use, maintenance system and unit inspection and fire evacuation procedures.
• Assist in the trouble shooting and repairs of all mechanical systems used by the organization.
• BA or BS degree.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of facility operation experience or management experience. Operations management experience in a museum setting a plus.
• Technical experience and technical aptitude.
• Experience with HVAC systems, security systems and boilers a definite plus.
• Bilingual- Spanish/English a plus.
• Computer literacy required.
El Museo del Barrio is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
El Museo del Barrio offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, which includes health, dental, vision, prescription, flexible spending and transportation benefits, pension, and paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal days, and holidays). EMDB employees enjoy exhibition tours facilitated by curators and educators, in addition to La Tienda, El Café, and special event discounts.
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.