DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
TITLE: Digital Marketing Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communcations
El Museo del Barrio, New York’s leading Latino cultural institution, welcomes visitors of all backgrounds to discover the artistic and cultural landscape of the Caribbean and Latin America. The richness of Latino cultures is represented in El Museo’s wide-ranging collections and exhibitions, complemented by performing arts events, cultural celebrations, and educational programs. A dynamic artistic, cultural, and community gathering space, El Museo is a center of cultural pride on New York’s Museum Mile.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB
Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications, El Museo del Barrio is seeking a freelance Digital Marketing Coordinator to develop and manage a strategic and integrated digital marketing program to support museum growth in attendance, membership, development, special events, retail revenue, and rentals. She/he will drive overall online audience engagement and grow the museum’s online, e-mail, and social media marketing activity. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, resourceful, organized, self-starting professional who is dedicated to teamwork, serving the community, and fulfilling the Museum’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the museum’s digital communications calendar, including drafting, and scheduling of website updates, email blasts, and social media posts, in an effort to increase awareness of and engagement in the Museums’ exhibitions, permanent collection, and educational and public programs.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on website visitation, email and web-based communications statistics and provides recommendations.
- Manage website changes (museum WordPress site) site provided by content providers from other departments, including editing, and uploads.
- Serves as liaison with web developer to manage ongoing development, improvements, and evolution of Museum’s websites to ensure effective and user-friendly online presence.
- Manage Constant Contact e-blast service provider and overall administration of more than 50 annual e-mail campaigns, including writing, designing and tracking campaigns.
- Create and post dynamic and shareable content in the ‘voice’ of El Museo across its social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Instagram, as well as provide strategic digital ideas to support exhibition, programs, and museum initiatives.
- Actively monitor user-generated content and requests, and respond to audience questions and feedback.
- Oversee and approve social media metric reports, and project-based reports as requested.
- Manages special projects, including but not limited to, Permanent Collection placement online, and online store.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accreditedcollege/university in Marketing or Communications or related field and 1-2 years experience, preferably in an arts and culture organization or nonprofit agency.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, including, but not limited to, InDesign (CS5), Photoshop, and Illustrator in a Mac environment.
- Web specific experience using a CMS (i.e. WordPress, Drupal, etc.), basic HTML knowledge, and an analytics program (Google Analytics preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of attracting and engaging new audiences through web and new digital marketing strategies.
- Exceptional writing, editing, messaging, and oral communication skills to reach a variety of different audiences. Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressures while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects, achieve organizational goals, maintain commitments, and meet strict deadlines in a highly demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of art and Latin American culture preferred, and familiarity with East Harlem cultural assets a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
This position is freelance and will require a commitment of at least 21 hours per week.
Please send resume, cover letter, portfolio, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com, with “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
El Museo del Barrio is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
RETAIL & VISITOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE
TITLE: Retail & Visitor Services Associate
DEPARTMENT: Retail & Visitor Services
STATUS: Part time / non exempt
Retail and Visitor Services Associates at El Museo del Barrio act as ambassadors of the institution. The Museum seeks an outgoing, reliable person to join our Retail & Visitor Services department team. This person will be responsible for welcoming and engaging visitors to the Museum, providing general information, as well as performing duties at the gift shop, coat check and reception area.
Gift shop / Coat-check:
- Basic knowledge of credit card and cash transactions required
- Provides excellent customer service to visitors, engages and interacts with them
- Uses knowledge of products and exhibitions to provide complete and accurate information to Museum visitors, promoting our current programs, discounts, events, etc.
- Sells tickets to visitors in a professional and courteous manner while also providing exceptional service addressing general customer inquiries
- Receives and unpacks incoming merchandise as needed
- Prepares merchandise for sale, labeling, organizing and restocking under supervision
- Persuades customers to increase purchases of merchandise, admissions, memberships and tickets for events, in an effort to reach monthly revenue goals
- Maintains impeccable appearance of displays and shelves organized by sections with an emphasis on cleanliness and attention to detail
- Operate the Museum’s front desk and provides a positive customer service experiences to all Museum guests, assisting them with information of the current exhibitions, programs and events
- Actively promotes and sells Museum memberships to reach monthly revenue goals
- Assists guests in coat check, receiving and tagging carefully their personal belongings
- Performs other related duties as required
- Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, directing and announcing appropriately
- Answers, screens and forwards incoming phone calls
- Receives, sorts and distributes daily mail/deliveries
- Maintains office security by controlling access via the reception desk
- Ensures reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials
- Updates conference room calendars daily
- Forwards off-site emails to the corresponding person/staff in a professional manner
- Notifies personnel of the departments of visitor arrivals
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, the applicant must have:
- High school education required. At least 1 year experience in a retail operation and or visitor services, preferably a museum store
- Basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possess excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, and working with volunteers
- Show proficiency using technology/computer software (iPad, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The person must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- May occasionally have to move items weighing up to 30 pounds
- Bilingual a must (English & Spanish)
- Basic cash register knowledge is required, as well as openness to learn and use the museum retail system.
- Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication
Interested applicants should forward by email a cover letter with résumé to Monika Garcia Head of Retail and Visitor Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
El Museo del Barrio .is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
VOLUNTEERS + INTERNS
El Museo del Barrio succeeds with the generous help of those who participate in our people-driven activities. With the help of volunteers, El Museo provides its services with a human touch.
Sign Up Today >
Each spring, summer, and fall El Museo del Barrio offers Internship opportunities to promising undergraduate and graduate students, recent graduates and career changers who are considering careers in the arts, education, non-profits and museum profession.
Apply Today >