CORPORATE AND FOUNDATION RELATIONS MANAGER
Title: Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Status: Full time, Exempt
El Museo del Barrio is the flagship museum of Latin American art and culture in the United States. The richness of Latino art is represented in the museum’s wide-ranging collections and exhibitions, complemented with performing arts, festivals, and education and public programs.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager plays a critical role within the museum’s Development Department. The Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager works closely with the Deputy Executive Director and the Executive Director to develop strategies for the department’s funding objectives.
• Plans and executes solicitation of foundation support, corporate sponsorship, corporate membership and government grants;
• Cultivates new and maintains existing relationships with corporate and private foundations;
• Oversees foundation and corporate stewardship of steward for all contributions from these sectors.
• Manages and grows the corporate membership program.
• Ensures fulfillment of all corporate sponsorship benefits.
• Oversees proper crediting for foundation, corporate and government funders.
• Establishes and maintains personal contact and relationships with foundations and corporate representatives.
• Projects monthly and yearly foundation and government revenue goals and track progress toward reaching those goals.
• Manages a systematic process of prospect research; seeks to broaden the base of support.
• Serves as the primary liaison between institutional funders and El Museo, including site visits, regular email and phone contact, mailings, and event invitations.
• Works to leverage relationships for the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and Friends of El Museo, in the cultivation and solicitation of institutional prospects and donors.
• Maintains current records in databases and in files, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Works with the Communications Department to develop sponsorship solicitation materials.
• Works with various El Museo departments to ensure successful execution of grant-funded projects, including both program and budget components, assessment and evaluation, and grant compliancy.
• Supervises interns and volunteers.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Bachelor degree in related field, such as business, arts administration, nonprofit management, or humanities field.
• Proven success in building relationships and securing funding.
• Minimum of three years experience in development or business related field.
• One or more years of grant writing experience.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter who will identify and seize potential funding opportunities and sponsorships. Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Superior written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills and engaging style. Ability to interact in an effective, tactful and professional manner with funders, members, donors, board members, volunteers and staff.
• Exceptional organizational skills including flexibility and reliability to multi-task and meet deadlines; detail-oriented and strong ability to prioritize.
• Budget development and outcome-based evaluation experience preferred.
• Familiarity with regional funding community a plus.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software a plus.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish & English speaking) preferred.
El Museo del Barrio is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please forward resume along with cover letter, with salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.
VOLUNTEERS + INTERNS
El Museo del Barrio succeeds with the generous help of those who participate in our people-driven activities. With the help of volunteers, El Museo provides its services with a human touch.
Sign Up Today >
Each spring, summer, and fall El Museo del Barrio offers Internship opportunities to promising undergraduate and graduate students, recent graduates and career changers who are considering careers in the arts, education, non-profits and museum profession.
SPRING 2018 INTERNSHIP CYCLE
We are now accepting applications for our Spring 2018 internship cycle. For more info, click here.